Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Category B: Applied Learning Subjects - General Information - Frequently Asked Questions
  1. The assessment of Applied Learning is not conducted by the HKEAA. Do candidates of ApL subjects have to pay an examination fee?

    Yes. Though there is no public examination for ApL subjects, the HKEAA is responsible for the monitoring and quality assurance of the assessments conducted by course providers. These involve reviewing the assessment results and samples of candidates' work by a panel of subject experts.



  2. Is the examination fee remission arrangement applicable to candidates entering for ApL subjects?

    Students who are eligible for financial assistance from the Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA) may apply for Examination Fee Remission (EFR) for the HKDSE examination, including ApL subjects. For details about the eligibility criteria and application procedure for EFR, please refer to the relevant